Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Christmas in Utah Part 3

On December 21st Ian and Tykena were sealed together along with baby Olivia for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake City Temple. It was beautiful!
Their sealing was going to be in the afternoon so Joe and I decided it would work out great to do a session before, along with my parents. It was the first time Joe had been to a session at the SLC Temple, it was my second time, and it was great. I really enjoy being there. After the session we had a little time for some Temple cafeteria food :) It was fine, we tried cracked wheat (totally an old person food), and Dad bought it so it all worked out.
We made it up to the sealing room and hung out with the family while we waited for everyone to get there. This was our first live sealing we attended, since being sealed ourselves in 2007, so I was definitely excited. I was especially excited to see Ian and Tykena be sealed to their beautiful baby Olivia. They arrived and looked lovely kneeling across from each other (even if they also looked a little nervous). Then little Olivia was brought in in a cute old fashioned buggy. She was all dressed in white and looked so cute! When they were sealed as a family it was amazing! It's such a precious and special experience that I'm so blessed to have been a part of it. And now they are in our family forever!
After the sealing we waited for them to come out so that we could congratulate them and take some pictures!
Here is Olivia, Dotty, and Audrey, the 3 girl grandbabies
Ian & Joe are brothers :)
A beautiful eternal family!








It was super cold! But everyone survived, and I don't think we had too many melt downs. 

Joe and I needed a picture together!
Here is everyone else hanging out:
Annie with Jeremy relaxing
Libby and Dottie!
Sam, Katie, Joe (running in place to keep warm with Robbie)
Dotti, Audrey, Robbie


Joe's making sure everything is OK

Of course after being at the Temple all day everyone is starving! So we went to the Cheesecake factory.
After I got this look from Ian, I started photo stalking him:
A final picture with almost everyone :)
I had a wonderful day with the family, especially since we were able to share the day at the Temple. It's always so special doing Temple work as a family. I love Ian, Tykena, and Olivia, and I love that they are now sealed!

No comments: