Monday, July 5, 2010

DisneyWorld in December with the Sturgis Family!

It had been in the works for a while, but the Sturgis family (Becky and Rod + kids) were planning to be in Orlando in December and that's the closest that Becky had traveled to me, so Joe and I had to go meet them there. And I just have to say, it was amazing to see them in the Magic Kingdom! I love Becky and I love her family and it was so fun hanging out with them! It was their last day in the parks, so it was the perfect time to meet up with them to keep their excitement alive.
We were also able to stay with Tyler and Destiny, which worked out perfectly! They even hung out with us for a little while in the Kingdom.




Destiny sporting a YearOne sweatshirt, and cute Tyce!




I love how Disney decorates for the holidays, it always gets me excited! We got to the park before Becky and her family so we were just taking it in waiting for them. When Becky sent me a text to say that she was in the park I got super excited and could hardly wait to see her. We waited by the entrance to Frontier Land and then they turned the corner and they were there! I was so excited I couldn't help but cry a little :) Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the awesomeness, but hopefully we can find a little video that Joe took....
But after we were all together, there was only one thing to do....go on rides! Since we were in Frontier Land we started out with Pirates, and it of course was great.



When Becky said they didn't have many family shots, I had to help out!






Beautiful girls! I love you!
Conner, Samantha, Tyler, Carley, Becky, and Rod...such a cute family!

After we had our fill at the Magic Kingdom we traveled over to Hollywood Studios. Destiny had to take Tyce home for a name, but Tyler stuck it out with us!
We of course had to hit up Toy Story because Becky said they hadn't been on it yet because the line was always so long. Joe and I told them that it was worth the wait and they couldn't leave without going on it once! It was a long wait for sure, but it was tons of fun when we finally got there!






While we were in line Becky got this awesome text from mom, she forwarded it to me so I could take a picture! Mom is the best at texting!

We decided to try and brave the weather and watch Fantasmic! We got some decent seats, but there was a reason no one was sitting in the first few rows. Turns out, that when it's cold and rainy, and the show starts to project on the huge fountains and the wind blows all of the water in your face, Fantasmic is not that awesome...We persevered and survived, but it was too bad the weather didn't cooperate better because it could have been an awesome show.





We all enjoyed the fire, even though that was the "bad side" :)






Victory!

After the soaking we decided it was definitely time for some Tower of Terror & Rockin' Roller Coaster!

Tyler is sitting between me and Joe



Of course you have to buy stuff while you are at DisneyWorld. Becky and Rod had a great rule where they said the kids could get something, but they had to be at the park the whole week before they settled on the item that they wanted. The boys decided they for sure needed Light Sabers!


After the boys had a little fun sparing, we went toward the city streets to see the amazing Christmas lights show and display. It is insane how many lights they have! Apparently they were all donated by a family in Arkansas.
Joe is photobombing! Tyler is just hanging out.
Tyler Loves his Light Saber!
had to rent the sweet van!


and to finish out the crazy day we had to eat! 
We were all exhausted, but it was an awesome day! So much fun and totally worth the tiredness. I loved hanging out with the Sturgis family! It's totally fun to see the excitement of the kids in Disney. I'm so glad that we were able to spend the day with Becky, I love her! The saddest thing of it all though is that in the craziness we totally forgot to get a picture together! Duh!

The next morning Joe and I went to the Orlando Temple, and it was great. It was a good way to end our visit to Orlando that month.
If you want to see all of the craziness check out the Picasa album
Disney World December 2009

No comments: