Monday, July 28, 2008

Eclipse


We finished Eclipse on Saturday. At this point I'm ready for Breaking Dawn, I have to see where she's going to take this. Joe and I both agree, there really isn't a Team Jacob, he's more of an annoyance really, because seriously, there's no way she can choose Jacob over Edward. The fighting over Bella was amuzing, with how calm and cool Edward was the whole time, but Jacob doesn't stand a chance.
I think that Breaking Dawn has a lot of potential to build on the story of Bella becoming a vampire. I think that it would be very interesting for her to write about what the changes are and how Bella does when she becomes a vampire. If she doesn't become a vampire I will be very disappointed.
This book was definitely more sexual, as we all know Bella was willing to give it up to Edward. Ultimately, this is a romance series, so of course there will be sexual content. Becky and I have talked about what age group these books are for, I would definitely have to say older teenager. Even though these books are less risque than some, I do think that some kids will misinterpret the behavior as appropriate, simply because it's written by someone that is LDS, so there will be LDS morals involved. But seriously, we are dealing with a girl who is in love with a vampire, I would think at that point LDS doesn't even apply........
Anyway, I ultimately have enjoyed the series and I'm ready for a resolution...... as long as it's the resolution I want :)

No comments: