Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Haircut!

I finally cut off my hair! After letting it grow for more than 4 years without much of a trim, I decided I was sick of it (plus I didn't style it very often, so what good was it anyway). On Saturday I went to Platinum Salon just up the street and had the girl cut off my pony tail. I told her how I wanted my hair cut and said to take as much as she could, with still leaving me some for the style. She ended up taking off 14 inches, which really surprised me. I'll be sending it in to Beautiful Lengths soon, hopefully they can make an awesome wig out of it.


<-- In this picture the twist-tie is marking 10 inches, which was how much we thought would be cut off.













this is what was cut off ↓

Here's the cut and style that I got from the salon. It's fine. You can't really tell what's happening with it, but it was more wavy than curly I guess.

Here's my first day of having short, curly, scrunched hair. It turned out ok, I have to figure out a way to fight the frizz.

I really wanted something that I could do in 5-10 minutes in the morning so that I don't have to wake up any earlier, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do it. If I can't get the hang of it, I think I'll try another cut with some more layers, then if that doesn't work it's all coming off, and I'll go back to the pixie style, which I totally loved. I'll keep you posted on the exciting developments!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I love your haircut! When I saw you in SL I couldn't believe how long your hair was! I totally agree with you about the heights thing, whenever we get too close to an edge I feel like I am becoming my mom saying "stop don't fall off!"

Katie said...

Your hair was so long!! It looks cute!! I loved being able to do the curly style when I was there visiting.

And you are so funny when your spot gets touched!!!

Emily N said...

Very cute. Some lucky person will end up getting a very cute wig too.